Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dreamweaver/photoshop hyperlinks

• Please log in to reply

markbell

markbell

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
HI,

If I have a layered image which I've made in photoshop and then open it in Dreamweaver as an .html, how do I insert text with a hyperlink over the images i.e. not have the linked text either below or above the image, but OVER it?

Can this be done?

Thanks.

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
One way to do it - would be to edit the picture in photoshop and have the link across the photo. then make the whole pciture a link

i will look at my books and see what i come up with

cheers

markbell

markbell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks. The only thing is I intend to use several different links in the text, so I cant have the whole file link to the same place. In effect I want an e-card type file.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I'm not familiar with dreamweaver, but if you slice your images in photoshop (with the part of the image being linked as its own slice) and save it as img and html, photoshop will make a html page with tables in it to display the different slices. You can just link the specific image(s) that you sliced, this way you're actually having the link on part of the actual image.

NetDemon

NetDemon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I dreamweaver, click on your image, then Properties menu you can use hotspots, just select one of the hotspot shapes and drag across part of the image that you wish to link and add the address in the link box, for the next link add another hotspot and link and repeat as many times as required.

Edited by NetDemon, 08 October 2005 - 10:17 AM.