Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST

• Please log in to reply

itsjustme99

itsjustme99

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I keep getting these 2 errors when i start up:

Cannot find the file 'essspk.exe' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are availiable

and

Could not load or run 'essspk.exe' specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exsists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the WIN.INI file.

how do i fix it???

any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated

Edited by itsjustme99, 10 October 2005 - 02:25 AM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Search found this..

essspk.exe is installed alongside ESS V92 modems. Allows a pop-up on the computer screen if call-waiting is detected while the user is using the Internet. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling this is down to user preference.

You can use Notepad and open the Win.ini file and delete any entries concerning this process from there, or simply disable the program itself !!

Murray

itsjustme99

itsjustme99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
thankyou so much for your help today murray...your a CHAMP!!

ill try what you suggested and get in touch later

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
No problem.. Let me know how it goes..

BTW, dogpile.com or a google search will find answrs or links to most problems.. Try it sometime!! :tazz:

Murray