Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dumb printer

• Please log in to reply

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Hi, i bought an Hp psc ( Printer Scanner Copier) 1350 series and i followed the instructions and installed succesfully it said but everytime i turn it off then back on it installs by itself again whats causing this problem as this is wasting my HDD space... Thanks hope someone can help me

Edited by NvidiaDude, 05 October 2005 - 10:37 AM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi NvidiaDude!

What I suggest you do is uninstall the printer software AND delete the folder that corresponds to the printer in question. Then turn off your computer, unplug it from your computer. Then reboot your computer. Once rebooted, check and see if the printer is still listed in PRINTERS in the CONTROL PANEL. Also check and make sure that the program is not still listed in ADD & REMOVE PROGRAMS in the CONTROL PANEL. And also check and make sure you didn't miss any folders. Then I suggest you download and run Cleanup!. Just do a STANDARD cleanup. After CleanUp! is finished, reboot your computer and then download and install the current driver/software for your printer from HP.com. Then reinstall the software for your printer. Don't attach it to your computer, or turn it on, until it asks you to.

Fenor

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Thanks fenor i really appreciate that cheerz i am trying that now :tazz:

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
hello fenor , I tryed everything you suggested and it doesnt install properly because a baloon pops up at the bottom icon tray saying Device found but may not of installed correctly or something like that and everytime i put the CD in to install it then says Windows XP Home SP2 CD Needed for a file called ubscan.sys i dont know why that keeps on flipping coming up!! but do you know an answer because its really doing my head in.. if it dont i wave the surrender flag :tazz:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

hello fenor , I tryed everything you suggested and it doesnt install properly because a baloon pops up at the bottom icon tray saying Device found but may not of installed correctly or something like that and everytime i put the CD in to install it then says Windows XP Home SP2 CD Needed for a file called ubscan.sys  i dont know why that keeps on flipping coming up!! but do you know an answer because its really doing my head in.. if it dont i wave the surrender flag  :tazz:

View Post

Hey NvidiaDude,

Are you sure you downloaded the most up-to-date driver from HP.com like I stated in my previous post? I am thinking you didn't due to the BOLDED statement in the quote above.

Fenor

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Hi fenor yes it came with the CD and thats what i used but i cannot find my HP PSC 1350 Series on the HP website could you help find it

Plus as i go in Device manager it has an Exclamation mark so its not installed properly Sorry guys but my printer is actually a HP PSC 1350 Series sorry my bad

Edited by NvidiaDude, 05 October 2005 - 10:37 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
NvidiaDude...

Take a look at These Instructions first...HP all in ones can be picky with the way they are installed.

The newest Drivers can be found on this page. (These downloads are huge...use your cd with the first set of instructions it at all possible).

wannabe1

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
lol yeh wannabe1 your right over 300MB lol but everytime i click on the download and press save to desktop goes like 30KBps and im on T1 connection and at 30KBps or less its gunna take over 2 hours + ...... Why is this im downloading from the www.hp.co.uk website

Edited by NvidiaDude, 05 October 2005 - 01:09 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I went to this page and started downloading (w/ SBC DSL here at work) and it was downloading at 320K/s. Try it if you want.