Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ubuntu Finally!

• Please log in to reply

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Hi there folks

I finally got a replacement hard disk from samsung for my AMD 64 desktop machine - after months of disputing i decided to do away with windows and run linux on my box. I decided to go ahead and choose Ubuntu 5.04 fot this purpose. Ease of installation and configuration was one of the main reasons i chose this OS. The windows 64 bit version wouldnt run as the drivers were not available easily for my machine.

everything works well including the sound. I d/loaded XMMS media player - and it works absolutely well.

I tried installing Limewire , but the java runtime environment wont run on my 64 bit box. also macromedia flash player for windows wont install - citing similar reasons.

apart from that i love it - and have installed Ubuntu on my laptop too - and managed to configure the wireless card too.

alls well that ends well....

Cheers
:tazz:

Advertisements