Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CleanUp Help..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Hartwendy

Hartwendy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just ran CleanUp, in order to clean up my computer. After it ran, Windows came up with some errors, saying some important files had been deleted, and that I should insert my sp2 CD so that Windows can replace them. There were several of these windows, and I clicked cancel to all of them.

I restarted my computer.. and when I logged in, the Start menu wouldn't come up. Task Manager wouldn't open either. Pics are in the attached word document. Reason why the desktop is so blank is, I previously downloaded some programs allowing me to have a mac-like dock at the bottom and also to have widgets on my desktop. Those programs won't start, I get the same message as when I try to open paint.

Please help! Thanks :)

edit: Actually, lemme try system restore. I'll get back shortly.

AHA@!!!!! YAY!!! :tazz:

IT worked!!! Whew.. my computer's back to normal. Ah.. I'm so happy...

I'm never using CleanUp again..

Edited by Hartwendy, 04 October 2005 - 01:44 PM.

Advertisements