Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BLA backdoor trojan [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

starwood

starwood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
The trouble I have with that is that Norton doesn't pick up any files when I scan so I can't manually remove them like they say. I guess I'll have to call Norton. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall it.\

Click Start, and click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
Type regedit and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
Navigate to the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

In the right pane, in the Data column, look for a reference to the file name that you wrote down earlier (the file that NAV detected as infected). The entry in the Name column will vary, but the following have been reported:

System
IO System Debug

Delete the entry that refers to the Trojan file name.
Click Registry, and then click Exit to save the change.

I ran registry mechanic and it fixed a lot of problems. But I'm still getting the trojan alert.

Edited by starwood, 08 October 2005 - 07:53 AM.

Advertisements

starwood

starwood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I just ran clean-up again and it cleared out over 6 gb of tmp files in program files/common files/shared. I think there must still be something on here.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Run an online virus scan at TrendMicro http://uk.trendmicro...call_launch.php. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the free online scan. If any viruses/trojans are detected, try to delete or clean them in that site. If any are not cleanable, copy and paste the infected files here.

If that doesn't find anything, install this program instead (which I recommend over Norton):

Grisoft AVG

Download and install that program. Disable Norton now, else they might/will conflict. Update AVG and run a full scan to see if it detects anything.

You might also want to give F-Secure's Blacklight program a try if AVG won't find and remove it.

starwood

starwood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I finally decided it's a problem with Norton because NOTHING shows on any other scan. I deleted Norton and will use AVG from now on. Thanks for all your help.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.