Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost all Sound ~help~

• Please log in to reply

shadowlady

shadowlady

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Can someone help me pleeeease. :) I have had no problem with sound then one of my speakers stopped working.as they are "very" old. So I went and bought new speakers. But I still have no sound. I have a P4SGX-MX motherboard (onboard sound) & ASUS P4SGX-MX ACPI Bios. I have been into the device manager and I have downloaded new drivers, even reinstalled my motherboard CD but nothing is working :) Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? I'd really appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks everyone. :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi shadowlady! Welcome to G2G!

Try playing an MP3 file with Windows Media Player, and then try the plug in each of the three holes on the back of your computer until you get sound. If still no sound comes out, plug the cord back into the GREEN port on the back of your computer and then double click the sound icon by your clock in the system tray (it's round and silver in color). Check and make sure the MUTE checkbox is not checked next to anything and also that the volume isn't at the minimum level on any of the settings.

Post back with how things are/aren't going.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
*Double posted, so deleted this one*

Edited by Fenor, 04 October 2005 - 06:23 PM.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: No Sound
Date: 5th Oct-2005

What kind of problem with sound & speaker –

Check BIOS setting > [INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS] & verify that [ONBOARD AC97 AUDIO CONTROLLER] is set to [AUTO] or [ENABLED]

Verify Speaker Connections are correctly made - they do pull out easily whenever PC is moved – and
verify
(1) – Speaker Out = Lime
(2) – Audio In = Blue
(3) – MIC = Pink

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 05 October 2005 - 05:56 PM.

shadowlady

shadowlady

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks guys for your quick response. I have tried what everyone has suggested but still no sound :tazz: I have even tried downloading new motherboard drivers.What else could I try? Except throw this puter out the window ~lol~ well if you have any more suggestions I'd be happy to hear.
Thanks again :)