Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox problem...or spyware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wthigon

wthigon

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi i'm new here, and was wondering about something. Ok ive scanned with Ewido already and got rid of some stuff.

Here is the problem, everytime I put the keyword "spyware" into google or yahoo or anyother, FireFox closes down. If I put any other term in there...for example monopoly or whatever.. it doesnt close down. Only happens with the term spyware nothing else....anybody have this before?

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Sounds like spyware to me...

Please read the first link in my signature and follow the steps outlined there. When you are ready, post the HijackThis log here.

wthigon

wthigon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Found out it is a FireFox problem. It doesnt do it with IE...which is weird...

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
It can't be....

Are you using the actual search online or are you referring to the search/find feature in Firefox? If so, then yes, if you search/find some words on a website using Firefox, it will highlight the word for you as you type it (this makes it easy for the user to see where the keyword they are looking for is located).

wthigon

wthigon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

It can't be....

Are you using the actual search online or are you referring to the search/find feature in Firefox?  If so, then yes, if you search/find some words on a website using Firefox, it will highlight the word for you as you type it (this makes it easy for the user to see where the keyword they are looking for is located).

View Post

Im refering to the actual www.gooogle.com site...no problem with IE...i dont understand why..might be a firefox bug????

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
That is strange. I don't recall this happening when I used Firefox. OK, I just tested this out myself (did a search for spyware on Google) and it searches for it without any problems.

I suggest you visit the site I posted above and run through those scans to see if they find anything. Post the HijackThis log here when you did all those scans.

wthigon

wthigon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Alright. I used hijack like 4 hours earlier and it was clean. Virus scans and spyware scans show nothing. CWS shreder shows that system is clean. Tried numerous trojan scanners all were clean. Might just be a buggy firefox installation...but for now i'll stick with IE...