Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

9250 ATI SAPPHIRE

• Please log in to reply

Flipcharmer

Flipcharmer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently bought an ATI 9250 PCI 256MB video card. I was able to install it fine until I tried the overclocking utility that came with it (TRIXX). I used the TRIXX to run a card diagnostic on how high I can overclock the card and the video graphics got corrupted. I cannot revert it back to the original settings.

I would appreciate any help that I can get since I've looked and googled every common search files on how to revert this video card back to it's original settings.

Thank you. (I can barely see anything @.@)

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Flipcharmer! Welcome to G2G!

Since you didn't flash the video card to overclock it, you should be able to just uninstall the software for both TRIXX And your video card and then reboot, and after your computer is rebooted, reinstall the video card drive for your card (download the most up-to-date Catalyst driver for your Radeon 9250 card from HERE).

Fenor

Flipcharmer

Flipcharmer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I unistalled TRIXX and completely uninstalled my previous CATALYST driver(5.7) using "Driver Cleaner Pro". I downloaded the newest CATALYST 5.9 edition and the resulting screen is this:

Posted Image

My friends told me to actually Flash the bios from this card but I am not sure on how to proceed and if it is the right course to take.

Here are some additional information that I could see using the CATALYST manager.

BIOS Version 008.017D.016.00
BIOS Part Number BK-ATI VER008.017D.016.000
BIOS Date 2005/06/05

Memory Size 256 MB
Memory Type DDR SGRAM / SDRAM

Core Clock in MHz 239 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 198 MHz

Edited by Flipcharmer, 04 October 2005 - 10:32 PM.