Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU Usage

• Please log in to reply

logan11

logan11

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
My CPU Usage jumps to 100% whenever I do anything. Loading a webpage it jumps to 100%, playing a game it goes to 100% making it impossible to do anything :-/

PLEASE HELP :tazz:

Advertisements

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I'm now in safe mode and it jumps to 100% when I load a new page.

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
does it stay at 100% after the program has been used for somtime ? press ctrl+alt+delete ..... then clcik on a tab labled proccess how many do you have running ? Mine is running at 29 - 31.

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
15 Processes running in Safe Mode, and it only stays at 100% while the page is loading. But when I play games and such it sticks at 100% :-/

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
It almost seems like accessing the internet is the problem :tazz:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey logan11!

I've had this issue alot on computers that have malware on them. I suggest you check out the Malware Forum and check out the START HERE section. Run the scans it suggests you do and if you are still having problems, then post a HJT log in THAT forum.

If after given a clean bill of health from the malware expert you are still having problems, then please return to THIS thread.

Fenor