Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need new e-mail

• Please log in to reply

rutugar

rutugar

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I currently have a hotmail account, which I really like. The problem is, I will be leaving home in a few months (joined military) and I will not have access to a computer for awhile. And hotmail will delete the account if I don't sign in for 30 days. I don't want to lose my saved messages so that's an obvious problem.

So I'm not going to pay $20 something or whatever it costs for hotmail plus.I honestly don't know much about other e-mail providers (keep the laughter to a minimum)....any reliable providers that wouldn't delete the account if I don't sign in for awhile??

Another quick question, what would be the easiest way to send my saved messages in hotmail to the new e-mail? Forwarding them individually seems like it would take awhile. But it's no problem if that's the only way.

Thanks for any help :tazz:

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I hate the 30 day policy. try yahoo mail.

as for forwarding email, hotmail is very inconvenient for that. could just get a plugin and download your mail through outlook or mozilla thunderbird

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
GMail is the way to go. I forsee a day when that is the preferred way to get email... send me a PM with your email address and I will send you an invite. Offer limited to the first 100 responses. LOL

Johanna
www.gmail.com

rutugar

rutugar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I did have a yahoo account but I didn't care for it that much...I think after three or four months they delete the account so that wouldn't work.

Johanna, thanks for the tip on the GMail, I went ahead and signed up with my cell, so I don't need the invite, but thanks anyway. I really like the way it's all laid out...no need to delete mail, no big pop-ups, and there's not any clutter. And the main thing I needed, I can go nine months without signing in.
Thanks for the help.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I hope you are as pleased with GMail as I am. Best of luck with your trip.

Johanna

rutugar

rutugar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
So far I am very pleased with it. :tazz:

Thanks again.