Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

laptop wont start

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I restarted my laptop one day and it came up with an error message that said it was missing a QUsomething.pfd file. I restarted again and the message no longer displayed but instead it keeps coming up with a quick blue screen that says begin physical memory dump along with alot of other stuff but the screen doesnt stay up longer than half a seocnd and thats all i can read. I tried in safemode and every other option and same thing. Do I need new ram or what are my options.... I dont want to reformat and lose everything I have but i cant get to the desktop due to it automatically restarting right before log in screen nothing new has been installed downloaded or deleted/uninstalled. Any suggestions

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. If it won't boot at all, not even to safe mode, you will need a bootable cd. Do you have a windows install cd? Try booting from that and doing a repair.