October 05, 2005
The key new feature in DE 1.5.2 is the introduction of skins - Deepnet Explorer is now skin-able!
Another key improvement in DE 1.5.2 is that it is now nearly bug free - we have completely rewritten the Content Filter as it was responsible for the most of crash problems.
- Content Filter: Provide a new option to block out flash.
- Java Virtual Machine: Allow to select JVM from different vendors.
- New keyboard shortcuts for Quick Find: CTRL+UP (Find Previous), CTRL+DOWN (Find Next) and CTRL+END (Highlight)
- "Allow Popup Window" option is added to tab's right-click menu.
- "Open new window next to the current" option allows the new window to be open next to the current tab or at the very end.
- The option for switching on/off the Trust Rating light.
- Switch tabs with the mouse wheel button.
- The security zone lock icon ("paddle lock") is now displayed with the web address in the Status Bar.
- All bugs related in the Content Filter.
- Some News Watch rules caused the Newsreader to stop working.
- P2P client registered local IP address to GWebCache servers.
- On multiple monitors DE would not maximize if dragged from one monitor to the other.
- AntiPhishing caused crashes on Windows ME.
- In the "Windows" window, selecting "Encoding" caused DE to freeze.
- CTRL+N did not work properly.
- Passing URL to DE in some formats such as "url",p1,p2...pi would fail.
- Several other minor bug fixes.
Beta Software use at your own risk