Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't Load up windows, or re-install !

• Please log in to reply

donksboy252

donksboy252

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Last week I shutdown my PC as normal, and since then I have not been able to get windows loaded, it gets as far as the black loading screen, but rather than proceed to the login screen, it just restarts, I have tried resetting my Bios, and changing memory config, standard stuff, didnt work.

I then tried to re-install XP, but after selecting the hardrive and drivers in setup, I would get BSOD, with the mesaage irql_driver_not_less_or_equal

Please help, is this a hardware fault, or can I solve it??

donksboy252@hotmail.com

All help welcome, Adam

Advertisements

jnord

jnord

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Last week I shutdown my PC as normal, and since then I have not been able to get windows loaded, it gets as far as the black loading screen, but rather than proceed to the login screen, it just restarts, I have tried resetting my Bios, and changing memory config, standard stuff, didnt work.

I then tried to re-install XP, but after selecting the hardrive and drivers in setup, I would get BSOD, with the mesaage irql_driver_not_less_or_equal

Please help, is this a hardware fault, or can I solve it??

donksboy252@hotmail.com

All help welcome, Adam

View Post

I would say it is definetly a hardware issue but computers are magnificent creatures so who knows. On a whim, try going into the BIOS and disabling USB prior to running your install.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi donksboy252...Welcome to G2G!

Try this REPAIR to your installation of XP. This procedure will not damage or change your current files or settings...it will just repair or replace damaged system files. You will be asked for your Installation CD and may be asked for your product key. Follow the instructions carefully...print them out if you can. Note: This option is not always available on OEM Recovery Cd's

wannabe1