Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Backup Hardware for Small Business Network...

• Please log in to reply

jnord

jnord

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I would like some input on an efficient and economical way to back-up our small business network (approx. 40 GB worth of data). Any reccomendations on hardware and software would be appreciated. Ideally, I would like to take the drive/tape, whatever it may be, off-site.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Easiest suggest would be for you to buy an external hard drive which you can attach to a computer on the network through a USB port. You can then copy the files you need to that hard drive, and then unplug it and take it wherever you want 'off-site.'

Fenor

jnord

jnord

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That is looking like the simplest and cheapest solution. I will recommend an external HDD with Firewire.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
They've got some really nifty hardrives configured as network servers with Ethernet connections that look very attractive for your usage. And the prices are quite reasonable.