Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

illegible system tray icons

• Please log in to reply

leniko

leniko

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I recently had to reset all of my desktop and display properties. After doing this, my system tray icons are very fuzzy making it hard to distinguish the icons.

How do you change the system tray properties?

I have Windows ME

Any ideas on how to address this?

Edited by leniko, 05 October 2005 - 09:54 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Is it only the System Tray icons that are "fuzzy"?

What are your settings in Control Panel > Display > Settings - Colours and Screen Area?

leniko

leniko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is only the system tray that is fuzzy. My desktop icons are clear as are my toolbar icons.

My settings are true color (32 bit), 800 by 600. I've tried changing both but the fuzziness remains.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
*Deleted*

Edited by Fenor, 05 October 2005 - 08:39 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
*Deleted*

Edited by Fenor, 05 October 2005 - 08:39 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
After doing some research, I have discovered other people with this problem and found a possible solution that should work. Check out the following link for enabling ClearType:

ClearType FAQ

Fenor

ambmy9

ambmy9

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
tuneup utilities2006 is able to fix desktop icons i used it to fix mine but also has things to optimize ur com and clean up ur computer......they have a free trail if u want to try it or maybe u need a diferent video driver i had to download a new driver when i did a quick restore on my computer.. :tazz:

leniko

leniko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks to all who replied. The last time I re-booted cleared the problem even though I had done this before with no improvement.

I'll keep your suggestions in case it happens again.