Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

not able to type using Internet Explorer 6

• Please log in to reply

Tom_J

Tom_J

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I can't type while using Internet Explorer 6. I don't have probelms while using for
example Mozzila but whenever I try to for example fill out a form with IE then the keyboard does'nt work. I have tried to reinstall IE but that didn't work, i.e same problem after the installation. Someone who has a suggestion how to solve this probelm? Thanks!

Advertisements

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Tom_J, Welcome to Geekstogo

Some questions:

When did this start happening?

How often does it happen?

Does this happen at all sites or just some sites?

Try cleaning out your IE History and your cookies

Best regards,

EMCguy

Tom_J

Tom_J

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
1. It's not my computer and the owner has no idea when it started.
2. It happens all the time, i.e at all sites and since it started it has not been possible to write anything.

I have used CleanUp and I guess that program removes all cookies and history, right?

Is there something else I can do?

Thanks for the help!

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Hi, Tom_J

Cleanup will clean out your temp files , cookie and cache.

Does the browser work OK otherwise?
Can you click on links and surf the web that way?
Click on favorites and history files?

Can you use Google to type in searches?
Or is that one of the "forms" that wont work?

Can you type in addresses in the address bar?

:tazz:

Just trying to better understand your problem.

Best regards,

EMCguy

Tom_J

Tom_J

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

Everything works except the typing - I can click on links and surf as before the typing problem, favorites and history work, I can type addresses in the bar.

"Can you use Google to type in searches?
Or is that one of the "forms" that wont work?"

This is the problem - I can not type whenever a web page ask for inforamtion, i.e Google and other pages where I have to write something.

Best regards,
Tom_J

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Hi,

Thats a wierd one.

Within the last couple of years, malware has become one of the primary causes of compter problems, even wierd problems.

If you use a software firewall, a good AV (resident), AdAware, Spybot, Tea timer, Winpatrol, a good antitrojan porgram, on-line antivirus scanners, and regularly review your HJT logs, then you are probably clean, especially if you are careful about where you surf, and what emails you open.

But, only a small minority of windows computer users actually do the above. Those who dont are likely infected, to one degree or another, and their malware infection could be the principle cause of their problem

Are you sure its not malware?

Best regards,

EMCguy