Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems updating NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go 32M

• Please log in to reply

superman7

superman7

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have an HP Pavilion zv5000 laptop with an NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go 32M that came with it. I've had this computer for a little over a year. I cannot update the drivers for the card. I go to the NVIDIA website and put in all the necessary information to see what update I need. I then doenload this update. Then when I attempt to install the drivers, it doesn't work. It comes up with the error that "NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware". I know I'm choosing the right options in order to determine the update that I need. Any help would be appreciated. If you need more information about my system or anything else, e-mail me at Email address removed by Moderator: Murray and/or post here. Thanks.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello superman7 and welcome to G2G!

Nvidia drivers don't support the Go series of graphics cards, you have to go to the manufacturer of the laptop for the driver.

http://h20180.www2.h...Pavilion zv5000

superman7

superman7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I wasn't aware of this, but it does make sense now that I think about it. Thanks.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Glad I could help!