Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express Not Downloading E-mails

• Please log in to reply

creativeamp68

creativeamp68

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I can see all of my e-mails on my Web-Based e-mail account (I am using Godaddy.com as my e-mail host), but for some reason my Outlook Express does not download all of them. Most of the non-downloaded e-mails are from legitimate sources. I can read those e-mails online, but when I open up Outlook express to download it to my computer, they don't show up. It's not just one particular e-mail account either. Monster.com and other e-subscriptions as well as personal e-mails are not being downloaded.

Please help!

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Ok let me ask you this, are you downloading the same messages over and over? This would indicate you have a "stuck" message. If you are downloading the same ones, then log into your webmail and delete the message that's not coming through. That will fix it.

If you are not receiving duplicates, then do you have a spam filter or message rule set-up in OE? Look in your other folders, do messages appear anywhere other than the inbox? (like deleted items folder or a custom folder)

Check your security settings in OE, make sure you don't have it set to high.

I'd lean towards a spam filter as the cause, but I can only speculate from what you described. Do you receive ANY mail in OE?

creativeamp68

creativeamp68

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey katkat, thanks for the reply. No, I am not downloading the same message over and over. I do have message and spam filters set up in OE and both work fine. But the messages in question don't appear in any of my filters.

I can receive messages in OE fine, but certain e-mails don't come through. I log in webmail, I can see the message, and I don't open it so as not to have the message "stuck". I then log into OE and try to download that message, but nothing drops.