Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keep loseing space

• Please log in to reply

TheunseenPunk

TheunseenPunk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Everytime my computer pops up with the low disk space thing i delete something and it will go away. However a few hours later it will return. any solution besides keep deleting stuff off my computer?

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!
Try CCleaner to remove unnecessary files from your computer. Just be careful what you get rid of! The link is in my signature (I think).

Edit: It isn't in my link yet. See here.

Edited by Pi rules, 05 October 2005 - 05:38 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You could uninstall any programs that you are not using, run a defrag, try to back up some of your data files (music files take up a lot of space!) to cd or dvd and then delete the files... How big is your hard drive and how much do you have on it?

Johanna

dagger

dagger

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hi,
System restore points also take up space. Also if u hve Google Desktop search or something like that, indexing cud take up room.
Also herez a link on clean up
http://pcworld.about...p162id97442.htm
And yes, as johanna mentioned, dont forget a chkdsk and defrag, else deleting so much stuff might lead to fragmentation and system slowing down.