Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI 9600 overclocking

• Please log in to reply

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Ok im not the most expirenced on overclcoking but i got some software that will overclock my graphics card called ATItool 0.24

I have a regualar 9600. right now it says that it is running a Core speed of 324.00 and a Memory speed of 202.50. Those are the default settings i would like to expand that ..... i would like it to be reliable still i understand it will get more inrealiable and i also understand the consequences.

If i do over clock and the card crashes or my screen freezes will safe mode allow me to change it ? with out haveing a problem ?

Advertisements

Baggyboy

Baggyboy

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
i was able to get my speeds up to 220/400 on my 9600pro eith stock cooling (i think, that was before a system reinstall and have not yet installed clocking software).

If this is the same ATITool I think it is then it will have an option to slowly increase the clock speeds and test until it starts to detect errors. Once it does this it will knock things back a few KHz and that's your max overclock right there.

Obviously improving the cooling system for your GFX card will boost hese speeds somewhat and there may be BIOS settings you can alter but i'm fairly novice to this myself and dont want to give bad advice :tazz: