Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What kinda programming should i use?

• Please log in to reply

Throntel

Throntel

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I play alot of wow and were thinking about making a program for it....
What i have noticed is that everytime a person from the other side says something it changes to another none existing language.
But it always changes to the same, exampel: lol = kak. (not sure if it was kak or whatever :tazz:)
So it should be possibule to make a program that translate these words so you can see what the other team says....

Is it possibule?
What kinda programming should I use? (C++ etc.)
And can anyone give me a small hint where to start on this project?

and just to be on the safe side, This would be legall, wouldn't it?

Advertisements

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
i take it wow would mean world of warcraft and sure its legal but to be on the safe say dont publish it use it for your own use(not like blizzard would care though).but im sure for lol there are probaply 20 other ways to say it so itll take you most like a month if not more to do it.ps.please dont use shortforms cause for us not worlf of warcraft players we all say wut the BEEPing [bleep] is wow

icstepec

icstepec

• Pip
  • 5 posts
WoW - World of Warcraft

:tazz:

Anyway, either C+ or even Visual Basic would work, but it'll be a ton of hand written work, and research. If you have two computers even better.

You'll need to use lua to get it to stick as a mod into Warcraft, but at that point it would be illegal probably - seeing as it's "gamebreaking" in their terms. If you look at the forums and go to the programming/macro one you can get a lot of guides on how to program for WoW.

However, if you made a standalone program were you would just copy and paste or type in something, you'd pretty much just have to smack a database to it - and sit with two characters and talk to each other and record that into the database.

Specifically because lol = kak but l o l = o e k and Lol = Rek

There is a translation, but it isn't like a = l, b = c, r = k, g = m....

It's more like a = L if not preceeded by a b c k q m, but a = r if after j n p o z, or make it p l r k if capital but preceeded by capital.

In other words, it's pretty encrypted.

Throntel

Throntel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Yeah but i was thinking just to have to computers and two accounts and just figure out the words...
Like say: Don't
and then see what the horde guys hears, maybe: balb
So then I know that: Don't = Balb

Maybe make some kind of program were i put in the whole english dictionary so that it can just say all of those, and then another program on the horde computer that remember and save what he hears...
Shouldn't that work?

Then I'll have a horde - Alliance dictionary and the maybe later on construct a program with that.

Edited by Throntel, 06 October 2005 - 11:44 AM.

icstepec

icstepec

• Pip
  • 5 posts
For that you'd want to use C++, that sounds like a pretty large project and although VB is good on both, I've found C+ to be more useful than VB when it comes to large projects.

hamik

hamik

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Depends if you want it to be win32 console or win32 window.If you dont know progamming and you want to learn programming just for this.I highly recomment it.VB would be better if you want a gui,but C++ you can do this is ummmmm...maybe 1k lines or so in console.

Throntel

Throntel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Well, it sounds like alot of work :tazz:
And my fear is that Blizzard will simply change the language if they found out about the program....
But maybe I'll try, anyway I think I have to get some of my geeky friends to help me out here :)