Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

Kid

Kid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well, Ill make this short since I just typed a two hour post that was just deleted due to hitting the back page button. :tazz: (face doesn't explain it)

I have a blue screen with the fatal error Trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.

How can I get rid of it?

Keep in mind I can not get onto the internet because of this "Aka Virus or whatever it is".
If your curios to how I am typing this post it without the internet it is because, I am on a freinds computer. So if you provide any help I cannot download things onto the infected computer but, I do however have access to my freinds internet.

Sincerly,

Kid

P.S. Sorry, for being so short but, I just typed a two hour post about this a lot more in detail obviously. Clicked on the preview post button went back a page to where I am typing now and it wasn't there. Any help is always apperciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

Perculator

Perculator

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
You can download smitrem.exe it from your friend's computer put it on a disk and install it on your own computer.
Please print out this advise.

Download smitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

Reboot back into Windows'normal mode and post a HijackThis Log and the contents of the smitfiles.txt log

Edited by Perculator, 07 October 2005 - 03:44 PM.