Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Errors in IE and Outlook

• Please log in to reply

secretagentbill

secretagentbill

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello. Yesterday I started having a problem with IE. (IE 6 SP1). I first noticed the problem when I was on a website with a link that used javascript to open details on a transaction. Instead of doing the javascript, I got page cannot be displayed. Any site which opens links in new windows, the new windows pop up and then say "Done" but they are blank. Even on Google, I get the yellow triangle in the status bar that says "Errors on page". Also, When I open Outlook (2002), I get a message that says "An error has occured in the script on this page. Line 289, Char 1, Error Access is denied, Code 0, URL outlook:today. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Y/N. I get similar errors trying to print, etc. in Outlook. I ran an ewido scan and cleaned everything that it caught. Also, MS website suggested reinstalling SP2 for windows xp. this did not help. I also followed the instructions in the pinup post regarding reinstalling IE using ie.inf. This didn't help either, although it did change the look of the error message in outlook. I used to get the good ol' "Error in script, access denied, do you want to debug?" box. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
As you're running XP Service Pack 1, and if you know what you're doing, try this:
http://support.micro...123120121120120

secretagentbill

secretagentbill

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

As you're running XP Service Pack 1, and if you know what you're doing, try this:
http://support.micro...123120121120120

View Post

I'm running Win XP Home SP2 and I already tried the part of that KB article about what to do if you have XP SP2 (basically it was to reinstall SP2). That did not help anything.

secretagentbill

secretagentbill

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
So nobody on this forum has any ideas? I'm running Firefox now to avoid the problems in IE, but Outlook still has some issues. And of course, Firefox has its own compatibility issues with some websites.