Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Logging In

• Please log in to reply

Streuth!

Streuth!

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Administrators,

Thank you for the amazing service that you provide ... I have posted three topics over the past few months and all have been handled in the most prompt and helpful manner.

I have just one tiny hiccup. I cannot seem to log in using my username without hassles. For some reason, I can never log in directly at the GTG homepage. It is only when I re-register and the system tells me to select a different username that I can select the login option on top of the registration page and log in.

Can someone please advise why this may be happening or a way around it?

Thanking you,
Kind regards,
Jess

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Are you allwing cookies ?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
allowing (sorry...it confused me so i'm sure it confused someone else)

Streuth!

Streuth!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi "cleverboy12" + "dsenette",

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I am not sure if I am allowing cookies? How do I check that? And once I find out, should I be allowing cookies or not?

I have setup my IE to not remember my entries for usernames and passwords (is that the same thing). And as mentioned previously, I can login from the registration page "register | login" option, but not from the homepage.

Thanks once again...

Kind regards,
Jess