Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem With DVD drive

• Please log in to reply

ustion

ustion

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi there,
I'm haveing a problem with my DVD drive.. When I go to play a DVD its wont work. I have tried different DVD playing programs and they dont work. When I play it on Windows Media Player it says

"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer."

One of the other programs I have tryed to play it on is PowerDVD and it says

"Error Code: 80900004. ASPI for Windows is not available."

When I click the details for it it says

"Only a 32-bit CD-ROM driver is supported.Please make sure a 32-bit CD-ROM driver is installed."

If any one could be of any for the last time *sigh* help with this problem it would be great.
Thanks..

Advertisements

boob

boob

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Sounds like you may be missing a driver or have an incorrect one installed. Try right clicking on "My Computer" click Properties, Hardware, Device Manager, expand "CD-ROM/DVD Drives", double click on your DVD drive, and check to see what it says under "Device Status". It should say "This device is working properly."

Post back with what you find.

Edited by boob, 06 October 2005 - 09:50 AM.

ustion

ustion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi Thanks for your reply.. :tazz:
I havedone as you asked, and It says "This device is working properly."

ustion

ustion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Its says its working but it still dosent let me play the DVD!!!!
Please Help thanks..

Bijli

Bijli

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drive and opening the DVDs with Nero Showtime. I had the same problem, and I think my default player had become Nero and all sorts of problems were happening. It kind of sorted itself after media player became default, but only after it was able to open the DVDs

Edited by Bijli, 10 October 2005 - 01:29 AM.

ustion

ustion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thanks for yoy help. I uninstalled the driver, and eveyrhting and it still isnt working ... How do I make Media player my defult ? I dont think I have any set a defult player..

Vidyut

Vidyut

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I think if you launch media player and open a file with it, it comments that it's not the default player and asks if it shoulg be