Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mcafee error: 0x80004005

• Please log in to reply

fungit

fungit

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi,

Everyime I run Mcafee Managed virus scan update(I'm just using Mcafee Antivirus that came with an internet banking agreement), the progress bar gets to the buffer protection part and then this error message comes up:
"Installation Error: 0x80004005". I've Googled but Google, googles out links to the error code but for Outlook express.

What is going on with my system, is this some sort of vulnrability in Mcafee? :tazz:

Thanks

Edited by fungit, 06 October 2005 - 09:33 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://www.sonicwall..._AdminGuide.pdf <---really big pdf file...but just use the find button inside of it to look for that error code...just the number

fungit

fungit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
thanks, busy downloading it now.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
next time you google an error code, try putting the error code in quotes then a space the + sign then the software in quotes. that's how i found that document

"error: 0x80004005" + "mcafee" <---like t his

fungit

fungit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hmm it's amazing what you can find when you go to pages 2,3 and so on in google :tazz: , anyway google, googled out a link leading to URL http://VirusScanASaP...c5f4c5342382627 and voila a complete re-install of the scan engine.

Thanks again.