Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd burning

• Please log in to reply

kikwearsk8er

kikwearsk8er

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i am using windows media player 9 and have tried both the roxio plug-in and the nero plug-in. i can get the cds to play in my older cd players. could someone recomend a better buring program or plug-in that is free to download

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so your cds only play in newer cd players? are you burning the files as mp3?

only mp3 compatable players will play mp3s if you want the cds to play in any cd player burn the files as wavs.....this will ensure that any cd player will play them...plus you wont run the risk of getting a cd stuck in your car cd player

chirp

chirp

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
maybe you should try getting a better quailty cd? what kind you using

Edited by chirp, 06 October 2005 - 09:13 PM.

kikwearsk8er

kikwearsk8er

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i've tryied a few different kinds. i think dsenette was right. When i but it in my xbox it shows the .mp3 file extention. i'll try converting them before burning. thanks for the help