Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need help upgrading for the Sims 2

• Please log in to reply

magicwinxrocks

magicwinxrocks

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I want to buy the sims 2 and it's expansions, but I need to upgrade to do it, so here's my computer specs as of right now. :tazz:

Windows XP Professional
Intel PentiumIII processer 930 MHZ
memory 128 mb ram
Intel® 82815 graphics controller
total mem32.0 mb
Direct X version 9.0
Hard Disk Drive free space 235 mb
total size 9.40 gb

Now by going to the Sims 2 website and looking at the minium system requirements I know I need to upgrade my memory and graphics card so I was thinking about going with these.
Radeon x800 pro, x800xl, x800xt ,x850xt ,x850xtpe, and someone mentioned on another site a nvidia 6800 gt would be better than all the Radeon 800 and 850 series. Is that true and if so is it a AGP card?And the memory I am getting is two 256 mb chips so my computer can be maxed out to 512. I have a AGP slot so I can only use AGP cards, so any suggestions you have other than the cards here please make sure they are for AGP.

Please note that I have no idea what most computer lingo means so don't assume I do. With your answers please give in detail what you mean and examples would very much help to. Thanks.

Edited by magicwinxrocks, 06 October 2005 - 01:21 PM.

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Well your Intel Intergrated 82815 Definetly will not work so try and upgrade in between a Nvidia 6200 to the Nvidia 6800ULTA / GT . your processor definetly needs upgrading to 2.0GHz + and memory should be 512MB + and HDD should be 40GB + , PSU 300W + ....

Edited by NvidiaDude, 07 October 2005 - 09:13 AM.