Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply

hotmix6

hotmix6

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everybody , bit of a problem,
While i was out yeasterday, my flat mate seemed to have had a accident with my monitor. it had fallen over and is now totally usless.

its a benq FP731, 17"

today i went out and had to buy a new screen it is a

Samsung syncmaster 710v also 17"

i have seen on ebay a 17" monitor for a samsung ( just the screen,.) Type this in to the UK ebay "Samsung 17'' TFT Panel LTM170E4-L01"

what i would like to know is if it is possible to replace the benq screen with the new samsung 1. i have checked the specs and they seem compatible. i just need some help with this. Would it work, is ther a way!!!!

If there is a nice person out there who would know if this conversion is possible then do let me know

Regards hotmix6

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Samsung makes good monitors. I use one at home and several at work. I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't give it a try.