Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

plz help me in networking

• Please log in to reply

dntchaseme

dntchaseme

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi members ,
i have 3 computers at my home and i want to conact them in network so can any1 help me how can i conact them Thanks
*Edited to remove email addresses and phone numbers. For YOUR safety, please do not post those in the open forums. We have thousands of members and guests per day, and we cannot be held liable if someone contacts you who shouldn't.

Edited by ~Kat~, 06 October 2005 - 04:08 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and Welcome to Geeks To Go dntchaseme

Do you have the Hardware to connect your computers? And if so what do you have? I need a bit more infomation about what you what to do before I can help.

We don't need personal infomation we always answer here.

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Hey dntchaseme, Welcome to G2G

Well in order to connect your 3 computers you will need several things. First each of the computers will need to have a NIC, second you will need several length of cat 5 or 5e ethernet cable. And lastly you will need a switch or router.

If you just wish to connect the 3 computers to share files, a 4 port hub or switch will do. However, if you would like all 3 computers to share an internet connection a router will be required. You can find all of these things in an electronics or computer store. RadioShack and Circuit City are 2 names that come readily to mind. I've even seen some half-way decent stuff at Walmart.

Edited by brianmil0923, 06 October 2005 - 10:17 PM.