Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't Ping ISP's servers

• Please log in to reply

piggyprobe

piggyprobe

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I'm having a problem where I cannot connect to my ISP (Verizon) for email or web services. I can visit any other web sites. I have been through the "start here" resource and have had many of the good people here try to help solve this issue. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Have you contacted your ISP? They may have an outage on email and servers.

piggyprobe

piggyprobe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
actually, I have. I haven't been able to access my email or their web pages on this computer for a couple of weeks. I can visit any other web site but theirs, and I can't get my mail using outlook or their web mail.

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
so what did your ISP say?

possible you need to check your email server settings and such for correct names and passwords

piggyprobe

piggyprobe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
my isp told me that I must have spyware or a virus preventing me from loading their content. I've gone through passowords, mail settings, etc. etc. etc. with them, and while on the phone with them I was able to ping other web sites, but not theirs.