Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

soft touch usb drivers

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
:) I was given a free external modem by bt for broadband usage.
I have a bought a wireless router with Apple mac and Microsoft compatibility.
As I am no longer in need of the soft touch drivers I have tried to uninstall from the CD prompt,add/remove in control panell.I was even advised to install new drivers to facilitate in removing the drivers to no success. The last error message that appeared was remote calling failed can not remove selected drivers,the supervisor at BT said my pc is damaged and all I need to do is install the win98 os again.
Any other advise will be highly appreciated :tazz:

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't need to uninstall the drivers, just leave them.

That way if you suspect your router is faulty in the future, just plug the USB modem in again and Windows will recognise it instantly, otherwise you'd have to run the CD again.

And you certainly don't need to reinstall Windows 98, a remote calling error on that version of Windows usually means the modem can't connect, most likely because it isn't plugged into the phone line.

I agree with NeilJones. This is how I have my system set up and I have reverted to the external modem on more than one occasion.

My sister works for BT - It depends, as with all advice lines - who you get. It is not always the correct or best advice.

Are you still concerned about / or getting an error message?