Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photobucket

• Please log in to reply

kodemaan

kodemaan

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
So everytime i try and go to photobucket.com or forums.photobucket.com or *.photobucket.com it won't load. But i know that photobucket.com is up and running bc i used an anonymous proxy site and it loaded. ne one have ne suggestions?

Advertisements

ButterflyC

ButterflyC

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have the same issue and I've been running in circles about it searching google. In fact I registered just so I can reply to this topic in particular.

Deviant Art isn't working for me either. it probably won't load for you as well.

Quite a few people seem to indicate that it has to do with two network companies, cognet.net and level2.net that are having issues with each other and cutting some of their services.

Some links I got from forum hunting and posting:

http://scoreboard.ke...board/Main.aspx

username and password are: public

and:
http://ask.slashdot....5&tid=187&tid=4

Could it be you live in the Detroit, Philadelphia, San Diego, St. Louis, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, New York, or Washington D.C. areas?

I happen to live in one of those areas that cognet provides and I am suffering quite a few blank pages, timeouts, or cannot find server errors in various sites.

Whatever the case, what both you and I are suffering is bound to be part of a much larger issue that expands beyond photobucket.

Edit:
The post below yours is of the same issue, I think.
http://www.geekstogo...ing-t68979.html

Edited by ButterflyC, 06 October 2005 - 05:20 PM.

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yea that seems to be the problem.. and yes i live near detroit, not quite in it (livonia). I have earthlink so i don't know if that might be it. Cable internet. Yada yada yea i think you're right in the fact there's nothing i can do. lol if ne one does have an idea then please let me know

ButterflyC

ButterflyC

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Earthlink uses cognet and level3. I wish I could find the link that supposidly shows fastest isp companies, I was looking at it and noticed that earthlink does uses those comanies.

Here it is:
http://performance.t...astesthosts.asp

The computers I use are using RoadRunner and MyExcel. I was trying to see if either of those providers have ties with level3 or cognet, but haven't found it yet.

I did read that a Time Warner employee was trying to work on that issue saying they did what they could.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
popular image uploading sites such as photobucket and imageshack tend to have some downtime. Just check back later.

DeviantArt is a very large site. There are several million users. The severs may be a bit tight from time to time.

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yea it's not that because i've asked people to go on it at the same time and i've tryed to go on it constantly for about a day now. It's definitely something besides that

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
UPDATE!!!! I just got opera and it works on opera but i'm gonna check with firefox again............ok well now it works....lol

ButterflyC

ButterflyC

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I found someone reposted the blog announcement on the photobucket site:

If you didn't know, yesterday two Tier 1 providers got into a feud and cut off traffic to eachothers network.

Unfortunately Photobucket was one of the thousands of sites effected. We have talked with both Cogent and Level 3, but it doesn't look like it will be fixed anytime soon. Rather than sit back and wait for it to all get sorted out, we have taken some drastic steps to work towards our own resolution.

- Overnighted some additional network equipment as of yesterday
- Moved our dns over to Ultradns (which is used by amazon, myspace, etc) . This gives us some flexibility on how we handle traffic from the two networks.
- Working frantically on bringing up another carrier so we can start pushing 'non-resolvable' traffic that direction.

We believe this will solve many or all of the issues regardless of what happens with Cogent and Level 3.

Thanks for understanding, Photobucket got the worst of a bad situation that is totally out of our control.

Alex

I think they must had fixed it for your area. Now I just have to wait till they get to fix my area.

Edited by ButterflyC, 07 October 2005 - 12:06 AM.

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Well yea right now i'm at school so i can't test out the photobucket.com (websensed) but yea for everyone an fyi earthlink high speed cable is up and functional with photobucket.com. Lol and for u desperate people ne proxy would work