Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gamecube on the verge of death?!?

• Please log in to reply

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I found out yesterday that my Gamecube will turn on load the game and then in 5 minutes power off but the fan will still be running. My friend said this happened to him on his cube. Nintendo wants 50 bucks to repair a defect in THEIR system. I have the original NES and it still works 20 years later. Anyway is there a way I can fix it myself? Does anyone know what causes this? Thanx ahead

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
the power inside the Gamecube could be faulty have you looked inside it yet ?

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
No I just fixed. I dint even have to take it apart. I turned it on with THPS 3 inside and had no controllers in. It ran fine for an hour. Then I started plugging in my controllers one by one. And guess what? I plug in this orange one that my bro recently bought and it shuts right off. So i found out that the controller was shorting the whole system. I told my bro to either let me cut the controller apart or to sell it to gamecrazy for $7.