Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ok this is a easy one

• Please log in to reply

ididagirl

ididagirl

• Pip
  • 7 posts
ok in order to install my windows updates it tells me i need to free up system resources. SO what are system resources, and where do i go to free some up.

Advertisements

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
When it tells you to "free up system resources" you'll usually want to start by checking how much space you have left on your hard drive.

ididagirl

ididagirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well i have 6GB on one drive and 7GB on the other....

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Try CCleaner (see my signature for the link) and remove some unnecessary items, but be careful what you get rid of! If you have any questions, post them and someone can help you decide.

Then, try removing some programs you don't use.

After that, try stopping some programs from running when Windows starts.

ididagirl

ididagirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ok did those things, no go. so ive emailed microsoft, well see what they come up with. thanks so much for all your help

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
You're welcome. :tazz:
Would you please post back with what Microsoft says? I'm sure other users would appreciate it.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I've never heard of that error message on windows updates--is that exact message? Is this during autoupdate? Manual?

I agree with PI, how much FREE SPACE do you have