Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help removing Malware

• Please log in to reply

taurus3254ja

taurus3254ja

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm new here, and I don't know where else to turn to solve this issue. I downloaded an installed Windows XP Service Pack 2, but with my firewall application it wouldn't allow me to connect to the Internet without disabling the firewall first, well after checking out my firewall's support page, I uninstalled Service Pack 2 (I didn't have any luck the first time with SP2, and I still don't) well now everytime I start my computer I get the New Hardware Found and it asks for Intel AIM External Flat Panel Driver 0-7 (this number keeps changing) I ran Microsoft AnitiSpyware and it found 4 items and removed them, but after a reboot it still says New Hardware Found... PLEASE HELP!

Edited by taurus3254ja, 06 October 2005 - 08:11 PM.

Advertisements

taurus3254ja

taurus3254ja

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well the issue has been resoved, since I didn't get any responses here, I posted the problem I was having on my Car Clubs message board and got a response from them. It actually had nothing to do with Malware, I needed the INTEL GRAPHICS CONTROLLER, once this was installed, I opend the device manager where I had a list of yellow question marks, and right clicked, and updated the driver... and this solved the issue. I had already tried updating the driver, but without the Intel Graphics Contoller it wouldn't work... so It's now resolved