Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrade Toshiba P20 GPU? (RESOLVED/.GAVE UP)

• Please log in to reply

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I would like to upgrade the graphics card on my toshiba P20 laptop. Presently installed is an FxGo5700. My question is~Can it be done by a computer tech shop? Failing this, how do I update the video driver when, (as I've read) new Nvidea drivers don't support mobile cards. I tried installing the drivers from Nvidea but get the "no compatible blah blah blah" message. :tazz:

Edited by Ianzworld, 02 November 2005 - 10:50 PM.

Advertisements

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I am pretty sure a computer shop can do it for a small price just make sure they are safe and a legal shop :tazz: but if you want you can do it by yourself? Just post a topic in the Hardware Forum to get a step by step instructions! Or just read the booklet it comes with!

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
:tazz: Thanx for that. I've heard its difficult if not impossible. I wonder what cards would best fit in a laptop?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Laptop graphics cards are normally integrated into the motherboard or they are a small daughterboard making upgrading them very difficult!
Your best bet is to contact Toshiba and ask them if they do upgrades.

You can update your graphics card drivers from the Toshiba website.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 07 October 2005 - 06:57 AM.