Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card UPDATE TROUBLE

• Please log in to reply

EGO

EGO

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hallo people, pleas help me out someone!!!

I have touble with my video card. I have an 6600GT AGP video card and if I install the new NVIDIA dirvers (78.01), I can't play any movies. Also my TV kard doesn't work. What hapends is my CPU usage goes up to 100%. The strangest thing is that I can play Games normaly and also the movies in the games apear to be fine. I really don't understand whay this hapends. I called the store from whare I bought the video card, but they could really help me much. All they said was that I might have to format my HD and reinstall windows, but they didn't really knew for sure. Now I haven't done that, becous I have some things I don't wan't to get rid of my computer. So if anyone knwo what I might have to do besides formating my computer, PLEAS help me out!!! One more thing, if I right-klik on the desctop and got to Properties, then to Settings, then Advanced, then Troubleshoot and set the Hardware acceleration to almost none, then I can watch movies but still pretty crappy (sound goes wrong and screen seems to be darken). What I really don't understand is why can I play games and see movies in the games, but not in windows and why does the old drivers work? Now I wouldn't want to change any drivers if I hadn't to, but I'm using drivers from 2 or 3 (or more) versions earlier and I want to play Battlefield 2 with propper graphics, but that I can't do with the old drivers (only the lowest graphics). Also all the other (newer) drivers do the same thing. I t seems like only the this old drivers (and below) work propper, but none of the newer!

Ok that was it, I hope someone could HELP me out. I would really appreciate that!!!

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Advertisements

EGO

EGO

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
OO sorry when I said the store could really help me out, I ment they COULDN'T help me out!!! thenks!!!

CyborgFetus

CyborgFetus

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, this may/maynot be on the right track, but I once had problems with my TV card and running video apps. Something to do with the overlay settings it used. Try and remove and uninstall your TV card if you don't desperately need it. Can't hurt to try.

Also, what videos files are you trying to view, through what program?

You might want to try nvidia for some support too.