Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't remove virus

• Please log in to reply

GedK

GedK

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I seem to have a virus in the system32 folder ( W32 Toxbot ) that can't bee deleted by Norton antivirus or ewido security. ewido tries to fix it but it's still there. I've tried to delete it after starting in safe mode but can't see it. This netddserv.exe can be seen in task manager prcesses also.

Advertisements

didom

didom

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the backup/restore features.

Download HijackThis from:

HijackThis Download Site

Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the program named hijackthis.exe. When the program opens click on the Config button, then click on the Misc Tools button, and click on the Check for update online button. When it completes checking/applying updates press the back button.

Now click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy.

Create a reply to this post here and right click in message area and select paste to paste the log into the post.

Someone will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries unless you understand what you are doing.

Bleeping Computer offers a tutorial with screenshots on using HijackThis you can click on the link below:

How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers, Malware, & Spyware

GedK

GedK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi

Got another problem noe the PC shuts down when i connect to the internet. Gonna rebuild it

didom

didom

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
Ok, I'll wait for you log!

GedK

GedK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry for the very brief reply above. I was tryng to get it in before the PC shut down. On the work PC at the moment, as soon as mine is up again i'll update it's status. Thanks