Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Katrina

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
For those who are wondering why I haven't been on GTG, I've been in a Red Cross shelter since the Big Blow.

Will be back on shortly once I get my own PC back online instead of this setup at the Red Cross which was donated free. Uses Win CE...LOL. Very limited.

Have a lot of Reply to Topic E-mails which I have not been able to respond to at this time. Saved for a later date.

Ron

Advertisements

Guest_The_Tiddler_*

Guest_The_Tiddler_*
dont complain about the computer mate, look on the bright side at least you survived.

geeks 1-0 katrina

c u around the forums :) :tazz:

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
WOW! What was it like? Any footage?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

WOW! What was it like? Any footage?

View Post

Can't tell you what it was like as I slept through Katrina. The destruction of Gulfport and Biloxi has been well documented on local TV and throughout the world news stations. Wouldn't doubt they make a movie about Katrina.

Hope to have some pix put up on my website some time in the future. At present, I'm planning a move to CA.

Cheers...Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Update:

Now trying to survive FEMA and landlady. :woot:

In a FEMA trailer now on landlady's property. Didn't know it was here for a week as landlady didn't bother to call. :) Now she's evicting two of us for non-payment of rent. One paid the rent and has been in her own damaged, black mold infected trailer since Katrina.

I've asked the local Temporary Housing Task Force to get someone to move this FEMA camper since it's government property. Still waiting...like what else would I expect with FEMA??? :woot:

Only been in camper a week now and eviction notices were given by landlady's new henchman, er, new Property Manager and his three goons, ahhh, whoever the three guys were holding my door open while the Property manager "conversed" with me. :tazz:

Stayed tuned as the saga rolls on...

Keep an eye out for news on Geraldo. :)

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 04 November 2005 - 12:30 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you want i should break some knees?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

you want i should break some knees?

Thanks for the offer. Wish I could take you up on it. :tazz:

Ron

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
So, so sorry. :tazz:

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Just GOOD LUCK
Major Payne
We wish you all the best!!! :tazz:

~Dr. Gutstein~

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thanks everyone for your best wishes.

Somehow my landlady arranged to have Bechtel come out and tell me that they will be moving my FEMA camper to a FEMA park this Friday. They didn't know where or whether I would be going with it. Wonder if all the Bechtel people living with my landlady had anything to do with this fast response? :tazz: I've been trying for weeks to get moved somewhere.

Notice they did make a "movie" of sorts about Katrina. Fifty-nine minutes of New Orleans and 60 seconds of Mississippi I believe. :)

Still working with a free lawyer that was assigned me through Legal Assistance. Faxing lots of stuff he wants. Especially paper from landlady saying I owe her $675 for the months of August and October. Bank sent proof of payment for Ausgust rent, I was in a shelter for the month of October. Go figure!! :)

Other tenant being evicted may have some good news soon.

The saga rolls on...

Ron

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I have a good friend building a factory in Bay St. Louis, so I have kept up with all the happenings in Miss. and how the damage there was very severe but got very little press. Hang in there MP. :tazz:

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
edited for content.

what was wrong with it? just threw in a little joke.

Edited by yesiammanu, 14 November 2005 - 08:21 PM.