Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dial Up Changes

• Please log in to reply

A_Plus_Tech

A_Plus_Tech

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Good morning. I am a technician for a small computer firm in Western North Carolina. I am currently working on a computer for a customer, who is have multiple problems. I have solved most of these problems, but one I cannot figure out. I'm not sure if this is a virus, or if it is just something stupid the customer did. The Dial up phone number has been changed to a number in Hong Kong, and the customer's user name and password have changed as well. I have changed them back, and that works until I log out, at which time it reverts back. I have run multiple scans, and none have shown anything. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Edited Wrong Place

Edited by cleverboy12, 07 October 2005 - 09:58 AM.

A_Plus_Tech

A_Plus_Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I recreated the dialer and it works great now. What did you mean by "Edited Wrong place"?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
He has put his post in the wrong forum

Thank You for posting what it was

A_Plus_Tech

A_Plus_Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
OK, Thank you. Actually, recreating the dialer was only a temporary fix. Its back to the original settings. Anybody have any ideas?

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Go to the following address:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Follow all directions.