Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any VBA guru's?

• Please log in to reply

Geeves

Geeves

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have been working on macros for our mainframe interface system here at my job for a little over a week now. I have them working just fine but I wanted to put a few tweaks in them to remove as much user interacton as possible.

It has be a long time since I've done VB, and I have never done VBA so I'm pretty much just fumbling blindly until I get the code to work.

I know how to use the InputBox() and PasswordBox() for single strings/entries.

What I would like to know if if there is a way to have a popup of selections that will pop up automatically.

Example:

Input box for the user's ID
PasswordBox for the password
List Box displaying a selection of systems to log into

For the list box I would prefer radio buttons or a drop down menu of some sort and it would save the selection in a variable. Thus stopping the user from having to type almost anything except for the Operator ID they need to access.

Anyone know how to do this?

Advertisements

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
i know how u are feeling
had to do sorta the same thing
u are using VBA? or VB?
There is a way by creating forms in VBA (found in Excel or Word, or Access)
if u are using VBA id say never create the forms yourself. If u are accessing say excel from word and telling it to run a maco in excel, the form u want put up is never displayed(only fer 1 sec) u can never interact with it.

all i had to use was the popup forms(of course i was a co-op student from highschool) gr11 working fer high end telephone company. so maybe there are other ways so i am not master lol

Geeves

Geeves

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I guess it's a form of VBA. It's 100% script so I don't get to actually create the form as in VB. It's not a MS application. We use an app called Attachmate EXTRA. It's an interfrace for our mainframe apps. The code is very similar to VBA from what I can make out.

Like I said I'm looking for a way to create a pop up list of some sort for the users to choose from. The choice would then be saved into a var for later use in the macro. I could always do it via IF statements but thats not very efficient.......

:tazz: