Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Writer

• Please log in to reply

pcwebber2

pcwebber2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just had a new CD-ROM drive installed & the the software program, Ashampoo Recording Suite 4, will let me burn a new CD but will not let me burn to an existing CD. It wants me to select a CD writer in the drop-down menu but there is nothing to select!! Any ideas :tazz:

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Ok, so let me get this straight...you can burn a NEW CD but cannot add to an existing CD you already burned?

Is your CD burner or CD media CD-RW? If you don't have a rewritable drive and rewritable discs then you cannot add to the CD after it's burned.

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi and welcome tp G2G.

I am not familiar with Ashampoo but I have looked at their site and your recording software does support Mulitsession recording ( which is what you want to do when you say it won't let you record to an existing cd).
2 Questions - are the cd's that you are trying to add to created by Ashampoo software? Are they multisession cd's?

pcwebber2

pcwebber2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The CD's I'm trying to add to was created by the burner software. With the burner program I have I can burn a new disk & then if I want to add more to the same disk it will let me add to the first one I burned. When I tried to burn a new CD it will not let me do that either. I beleive that the system is not aware of the CD-ROM drive or what letter to assign it too. Could be :tazz: