Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pc-Cillin 2005

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hi, I seem to be having huge problems with my anit-virus. Ok I am using Pc-Cillin 2005 and foor some odd reason, it doesnt work. It started off
about two days ago, I had not been on my computer for about 1 week. When I had come back I switched on the computer and everything worked
perfect, no problems what so ever. Until I had put my cursor over the Pc-Cillin tray icon, it then just disapeared. So i went to the actuall file opened
it, nothing seemed to be wrong. So I restarted, once again puting my cursor over the tray icon, and again disapeared. So I desided to download a
Virus Sample from Pc-Cillin itself, and my Anit-Virus still did not work. I could not even do a manual scan, and real time scan was not working iether.
So I had enough of it and reoaded Pc-Cillin and it all worked for about a day, and next day. Same thing just this time it came up with errors. So it brings
me back here. When I put my cursor over tray icon, it disapears try and open it from its original place and open and says:

No network device was found, or there is a conflict with existing antivirus or security software. Only the Virus Scan, Spyware Scan, and Security Check functions wil be available. To enable full product functionality, uninstall conflicting software or enable a network connection, and restart the program.

It says that some of the things should work, but non of them do, I have also enabled my network connection, and still nothing, and when i press 'ok' it shows
this message:

Unable to read configuration. Restart your computer and try again. (hr=0x80070422, loc=7413, num=234)

I have restared my computer a couple of times, but the same thing over and over, so please help me get out of this problem.

P.S: I can't even update my Pc-Cillin.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I know this is not what you what me to say but how about uninstalling it and getting AVG AntiVirus Personal edition, it has a lot less problems like this one. Both Norton and Pc-Cillin seam to suffer form this, and a just about impossible to fix (I know because I have tried). There are links in my signature to the AVG web site.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 08 October 2005 - 12:48 AM.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Thanks bro, I am bussy downloading it now, I have experinced problems with AVG before, but maybe this time I will have better luck. I am also trying to use NOD32, but i am having problems with updating it.