Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Program unistalled but still running...

• Please log in to reply

woldo

woldo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I'm not sure, but I think that I can't....I'll give it a try and I'll let you know, but I'm quite sure I can't

thanks for helping

Advertisements

woldo

woldo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello, I tried to unistall the McAffe updates but I couldn't. In the meantime I found the following files on my spybot folder: aports.dll
I read on this page http://www3.ca.com/s...px?id=453078732
that it might be a malicious...what do you think?
...hmmm, but it can't be because I installed spybot after the lag problem, so the aports.dll must have been installed wit hspybot itself, so it should be legittimate?

thanks for your help

woldo

woldo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Guys I guess I solved the issue....I contacted McAffe custumer support and I told them that since they update/ renew my Firewall and Virus scan my computer started lag. They solved me the problem by right clicking on the red McAfee icon on the right (near the clock), then Virus Scan, Options, Advanced, then check "Program files and documents only" on Files Types to Scan option. It worked.

I really have to thank you all for your help and your time. I found this web site very useful. As a matter of fact my computer and my internet connection are very fast now thanks to the tips to remove malware. Even if i was very carefull browsing only "secure" internet pages and downloading only "trusted" software, running AdAware and Spybt, with your tips, suggested softwares and others I found my computer infested with at least 20 spywares!!! Now it's like having a new computer!!!

Thank you

Ciao