Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows ME, problems deleting spyware

• Please log in to reply

dementedsnake

dementedsnake

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, so here it is. I have a horde of CA security tools that that use almost everyday. they are the line of eTrust EZ products (firewall, Pest Patrol, anit-spam, and anti-virus). I run the anti-spam program almost everyday and have noticed a problem lately. there are a few files that it'll detect as spyware and delete but everytime it's done it'll request me to resart (not unusal). After i restart, the spywares are back again! I've tried going into the file that they seem to live in and deleting them manually but they're locked. Oh, BTW: this is my home computer. Anyway. each spyware file ends in a 0 or a 1 and has a hidden file of the same name beside it (I'll find out what the name of these programs are in a minute). I'm not sure but I think there are reproducing among themselves....like a viral orgy....and keep making copies of themsevle with different endings...any help or insight would be greatly apprecated.

(And yes, I know my spelling sucks)

Thanks,
Dementedsnake

Advertisements

mcfart01

mcfart01

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Hi dementedsnake welcome to Geeks to go!

Please start here: http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

for information on malware removal.

Follow the instructions exactly.. Once you have finished, post a copy of your HiJackThis log in the Malware Forum and let the guru's there have a go at it!! :tazz:

dementedsnake

dementedsnake

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
okay, thanks, ill do that right now!

BTW: sorry for the long response time...