Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wanna upgrade

• Please log in to reply

budd1e_lee

budd1e_lee

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
so I wanna upgrade my system a little, I bought it almost 3 years ago now and feel like it might be time to do a little tweaking here and there. I dont know exactly what is in it, its a Dell something or other, but here is what I do know...

P4 2.0
no idea what mobo
if I remember right its 512mb RAM, no idea what speed
audigyXt 5.1 external that I HATE
40gig hard drive
40x cdrw

thats about all I can remember off the top of my head, Im currently at home for christmas. I did recieve a BFG GeForce 5700LE for christmas. any suggestions what to look at first would be great. I play ALOT of condition zero and cs:source as well as a little bit of other games.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Welcome to GTG
What upgrades are you looking to do? Most dells are very hard to upgrade due to the way dell builds them I have work on a lot of dells and I have found its just easier to move the parts to a new case and work from there but with out knowing what model dell you have its hard to tell you what upgrades you can do as is. some where on the case it should gave you the model and sel.# most of the time there is a door that opens on the front of the case that as a black tag on it with this info. if you can find this info. and post back it will help on telling what upgrades you can do.
:tazz:

budd1e_lee

budd1e_lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I believe it is a Dell 4400 from May of 02. Im not actually at my computer as it is in Arizona and I am in Washington, will be back with my baby this weekend.