Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Evil Torrent Search 3.0

• Please log in to reply

Wemur

Wemur

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok, I'll start by saying that I'm totally new to this forum and a newbie about these things so that's why I'm here :thumbsup: ... :cheers:

Well as you can see from the topic title my problem appeared right after I downloaded and installed this so called Torrent Search 3.0 from download.com (I'm still shocked that a site like that had put something like that at their site because the program is full of all sorts of c**p. The thing that pisses me off the most is that I could have avoided this incident if I had read the user opinions which I usually even do and if the program is still there you can see that the other users are also VERY unhappy with this program).

I'm not sure how detailed my situation has to be but after installing the program my Norton Firewall first notified me about a "ntec32.exe" which I permitted to have acces to Internet and after that came the Torrent search.exe itself which I also permitted. When I tried the program it didn't work at all so I uninstalled it and went to see the other user opinions and... well... :mad: :mad: :mad:
After reading this I instantly started to scan my system with all the availeable programs I had (Spybot, Ad-aware pro and Norton Antivirus) (I also deleted the ntec32.exe manually, not sure if it was for the better or worse :tazz: ) but none of them found nothing out of the ordinary so I downloaded a whole bunch of new antispyware programs:
- Ad-aware SE Personal
- Spyware Doctor
- Spywareblaster
- SpywareGuard
- GIANT AntiSpyware

Ad-aware SE, Spyware Doctor and Giant Antispyware all found lots of stuff :cheers: and I thought that I had beaten the problem but NO. My Firefox was still being hijacked by some a d w a r e.com pest which usually happens for example if I'm using Google. Right now I have 3 VX2 thingies that my Ad-aware SE finds but can't remove. These 3 pests change their names and sometimes one of them has been named as guard.tmp which I also noticed in another topic here and my system also _sometimes_ complains about this program when I reboot.
So my biggest problems right now are the hijacking of my Firefox, the complaining about guard.tmp (sometimes) AND also my Norton system has gone a little bit weird. I mean it doensn't start itself automatically when I start my computer and I have to start it up manually :no: .
I know you guys most likely want to see my Hijackthis log but before I post that I'd like to know do I have to close like EVERYTHING or is just fine if I do it like when I have started my windows?
Sorry about the length of this post ;) :beer:
:woot:

Advertisements

Wemur

Wemur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok I decided to give this log anyways right now so here goes :tazz: :
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 13:44:10, on 5.1.2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrbmgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\LXBRKsk.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrcmon.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
F:\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntsmod.exe
C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
F:\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://elisa.net/paketti/haku.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://elisa.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://elisa.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://elisa.net/paketti/haku.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://elisa.net/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer - Toimittaja Elisa Internet
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Linkit
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O1 - Hosts: 64.91.255.87 www.dcsresearch.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Media Player support DLL - {2DC9D850-144D-11E1-B3C9-10805E499D95} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mplay32.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ati Control Panel] atiphexx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft DirectX] Windows.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark 3100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXBRKsk] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\LXBRKsk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StarSkin] C:\PROGRAM FILES\ROCKET DIVISION SOFTWARE\STARSKIN\STARSKIN.EXE -H
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] F:\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntsmod] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntsmod.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Ati Control Panel] atiphexx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Update] wuagtrd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft DirectX] Windows.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ati Control Panel] atiphexx.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Update] wuagtrd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft DirectX] Windows.exe
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Palvelut - {143D3C1F-173A-44CC-92D8-55D098B272AE} - http://service.kolumbus.fi/ (file missing) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra button: Tuki - {64898023-A1CC-4D1A-95AB-E2A0CCDACD28} - http://tuki.elisa.net/ (file missing) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra button: SMS-viesti - {DD615ACB-CE9F-48C0-8AFF-0B4A12693797} - http://sms.kolumbus.fi/ (file missing) (HKCU)
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://elisa.net/
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Proxy Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: Loogisen levyn hallinnan valvontapalvelu - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Tapahtumaloki - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
O23 - Service: CD-levyjen kirjoittamisen IMAPI COM -palvelu - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\imapi.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: NetMeeting etätyöpöydän jakaminen - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Verkon DDE - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe
O23 - Service: Verkon DDE DSDM - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Plug and Play - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
O23 - Service: Etätyöpöydän ohjeen istunnonhallinta - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Älykortti-apuohjelma - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Älykortti - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService - Unknown - slserv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: Resurssilokit ja -hälytykset - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\smlogsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Aseman tilannevedos - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe
O23 - Service: WMI resurssisovitin - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to GTG Wemur. Don't feel bad. Just look at all the other people here with similar problems. :tazz:

Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ati Control Panel] atiphexx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft DirectX] Windows.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntsmod] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntsmod.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Ati Control Panel] atiphexx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Update] wuagtrd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft DirectX] Windows.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Palvelut - {143D3C1F-173A-44CC-92D8-55D098B272AE} - http://service.kolumbus.fi/ (file missing) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra button: Tuki - {64898023-A1CC-4D1A-95AB-E2A0CCDACD28} - http://tuki.elisa.net/ (file missing) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra button: SMS-viesti - {DD615ACB-CE9F-48C0-8AFF-0B4A12693797} - http://sms.kolumbus.fi/ (file missing) (HKCU)
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService - Unknown - slserv.exe (file missing)

Please reboot into safe mode (continually tap the F8 key while your system is starting, select Safe Mode from the menu).
Be sure you're able to view hidden files, and remove the following files in bold (if found):
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atiphexx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Windows.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntsmod.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuagtrd.exe

Reboot your PC.

If you would please, rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log in this same topic, and let us know how your system's working. ;)

Wemur

Wemur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well I did what you suggested and I only found and deleted ntsmod.exe while in safe mode. When I was removing the things you pointed out with Hijackthis my Giant antispyware notified me about CoolWebSearch trying to get to my system and I removed it too. My browser still seems to be hijacked because while I was coming back here it tried to go to a different page on its own. Well here's the log:
Scan saved at 22:48:30, on 5.1.2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://elisa.net/paketti/haku.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://elisa.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://elisa.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://elisa.net/paketti/haku.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://elisa.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer - Toimittaja Elisa Internet
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Media Player support DLL - {2DC9D850-144D-11E1-B3C9-10805E499D95} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mplay32.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark 3100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StarSkin] C:\PROGRAM FILES\ROCKET DIVISION SOFTWARE\STARSKIN\STARSKIN.EXE -H
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Proxy Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: Loogisen levyn hallinnan valvontapalvelu - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: CD-levyjen kirjoittamisen IMAPI COM -palvelu - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\imapi.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: NetMeeting etätyöpöydän jakaminen - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Etätyöpöydän ohjeen istunnonhallinta - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Älykortti-apuohjelma - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: Resurssilokit ja -hälytykset - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\smlogsvc.exe
O23 - Service: WMI resurssisovitin - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe

Wemur

Wemur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Now I've also noticed that my Internet browsers (Both Firefox and IE) close down if I let my computer stay on for a long time. I mean it's only the browsers. Everything else that uses a internet connection still forks fine. The only way for me now is to reboot my system if I want it to work again. This has happened even before I registered to this forum. :tazz:
Hope You'll soon have time to help me too... thx for the help so far

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please run a free online virus scan here (tick the "Auto Clean" checkbox):
http://housecall.antivirus.com/

Post a fresh HJT log when finsihed.

Wemur

Wemur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Here's my log after the scan:
Scan saved at 23:50:30, on 7.1.2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe

O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Check the following items in HijackThis.
Close all windows except HijackThis and click Fix checked:

Then reboot and allow the changes when prompted.
  • Download finditnt2000xp.zip.
  • Unzip the contents of finditnt2000xp.zip to a convenient location.
  • Navigate to the Find It NT-2K-XP folder and double-click on find.bat.
  • A command prompt will open and it will search your computer for malicious files.
  • Once it has finished a Notepad window will pop up with output.txt.
  • Copy the entire contents of output.txt into your next post.
Regards,

Pieter

Wemur

Wemur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Warning! This utility will find legitimate files in addition to malware.
Do not remove anything unless you are sure you know what you're doing.

Find.bat is running from: F:\Find It NT-2K-XP

------- System Files in System32 Directory -------

Aseman C nimi on 53_11_02
Aseman sarjanumero on A8FF-B7A1

Kansio C:\WINDOWS\System32

10.01.2005 19:10 222˙560 cWbinet.dll
10.01.2005 19:09 224˙218 l02slaf71d2.dll
10.01.2005 09:00 222˙560 jtr2079oe.dll
10.01.2005 00:50 <KANSIO> dllcache
20.06.2004 14:48 32 {BC5E3058-FA03-4016-8E86-09FCC25D59A5}.dat
20.06.2004 14:19 32 {4EAE1052-0ECC-4621-993B-B7657AD2BB15}.dat
18.11.2003 02:36 <KANSIO> Microsoft
5 tiedosto(a) 669˙402 tavua
2 kansio(ta) 17˙374˙793˙728 tavua vapaana

------- Hidden Files in System32 Directory -------

10.01.2005 00:50 <KANSIO> dllcache
20.06.2004 12:36 488 WindowsLogon.manifest
20.06.2004 12:36 488 logonui.exe.manifest
20.06.2004 12:34 749 sapi.cpl.manifest
20.06.2004 12:34 749 nwc.cpl.manifest
20.06.2004 12:34 749 ncpa.cpl.manifest
20.06.2004 12:34 749 wuaucpl.cpl.manifest
20.06.2004 12:34 749 cdplayer.exe.manifest
26.09.2003 09:11 2˙045 whlpda32e.dll
10 tiedosto(a) 6˙830 tavua
1 kansio(ta) 17˙374˙789˙632 tavua vapaana

------------ Files Named "Guard" ---------------

------ Temp Files in System32 Directory ------

------------------ User Agent ----------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
"{F1814209-FA6B-46CD-9712-629E61D05042}"=""

------------- Keys Under Notify -------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\App Management]
"Asynchronous"=dword:00000000
"DllName"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\jtr2079oe.dll"
"Impersonate"=dword:00000000
"Logon"="WinLogon"
"Logoff"="WinLogoff"
"Shutdown"="WinShutdown"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\AtiExtEvent]
"DLLName"="Ati2evxx.dll"
"Impersonate"=dword:00000001
"Lock"="AtiLockEvent"
"Logoff"="AtiLogoffEvent"
"Logon"="AtiLogonEvent"
"Disconnect"="AtiDisConnectEvent"
"Reconnect"="AtiReConnectEvent"
"Safe"=dword:00000000
"Shutdown"="AtiShutdownEvent"
"StartScreenSaver"="AtiStartScreenSaverEvent"
"StartShell"="AtiStartShellEvent"
"Startup"="AtiStartupEvent"
"StopScreenSaver"="AtiStopScreenSaverEvent"
"Unlock"="AtiUnLockEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\crypt32chain]
"DllName"=hex(2):63,72,79,70,74,33,32,2e,64,6c,6c,00
"Logoff"="ChainWlxLogoffEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cryptnet]
"DllName"=hex(2):63,72,79,70,74,6e,65,74,2e,64,6c,6c,00
"Logoff"="CryptnetWlxLogoffEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cscdll]
"DLLName"="cscdll.dll"
"Logon"="WinlogonLogonEvent"
"Logoff"="WinlogonLogoffEvent"
"ScreenSaver"="WinlogonScreenSaverEvent"
"Startup"="WinlogonStartupEvent"
"Shutdown"="WinlogonShutdownEvent"
"StartShell"="WinlogonStartShellEvent"
"Asynchronous"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\ScCertProp]
"DLLName"="wlnotify.dll"
"Logon"="SCardStartCertProp"
"Logoff"="SCardStopCertProp"
"Lock"="SCardSuspendCertProp"
"Unlock"="SCardResumeCertProp"
"Enabled"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Schedule]
"DllName"=hex(2):77,6c,6e,6f,74,69,66,79,2e,64,6c,6c,00
"StartShell"="SchedStartShell"
"Logoff"="SchedEventLogOff"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\sclgntfy]
"Logoff"="WLEventLogoff"
"DllName"=hex(2):73,63,6c,67,6e,74,66,79,2e,64,6c,6c,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\SensLogn]
"DLLName"="WlNotify.dll"
"Lock"="SensLockEvent"
"Logon"="SensLogonEvent"
"Logoff"="SensLogoffEvent"
"Safe"=dword:00000001
"MaxWait"=dword:00000258
"StartScreenSaver"="SensStartScreenSaverEvent"
"StopScreenSaver"="SensStopScreenSaverEvent"
"Startup"="SensStartupEvent"
"Shutdown"="SensShutdownEvent"
"StartShell"="SensStartShellEvent"
"PostShell"="SensPostShellEvent"
"Disconnect"="SensDisconnectEvent"
"Reconnect"="SensReconnectEvent"
"Unlock"="SensUnlockEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\termsrv]
"Logoff"="TSEventLogoff"
"Logon"="TSEventLogon"
"PostShell"="TSEventPostShell"
"Shutdown"="TSEventShutdown"
"StartShell"="TSEventStartShell"
"Startup"="TSEventStartup"
"Reconnect"="TSEventReconnect"
"Disconnect"="TSEventDisconnect"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\wlballoon]
"DLLName"="wlnotify.dll"
"Logon"="RegisterTicketExpiredNotificationEvent"
"Logoff"="UnregisterTicketExpiredNotificationEvent"

------------- Locate.com Results -------------

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\
cwbinet.dll Mon 10 Jan 2005 19.10.32 ..S.R 222 560 217,34 K
jtr207~1.dll Mon 10 Jan 2005 9.00.24 ..S.R 222 560 217,34 K
l02sla~1.dll Mon 10 Jan 2005 19.09.26 ..S.R 224 218 218,96 K

3 items found: 3 files, 0 directories.
Total of file sizes: 669 338 bytes 653,65 K

-------- Strings.exe Qoologic Results --------

--------- Strings.exe Aspack Results ---------

-------------- HKLM Run Key ----------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ccApp"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"ccRegVfy"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccRegVfy.exe\""
"Advanced Tools Check"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\NORTON~1\\AdvTools\\ADVCHK.EXE"
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Works Shared\\WkUFind.exe"
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\\Program Files\\Java\\j2re1.4.2_06\\bin\\jusched.exe"
"Lexmark 3100 Series"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Lexmark 3100 Series\\lxbrbmgr.exe\""
"LXBRKsk"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\LEXMAR~1\\LXBRKsk.exe"
"NeroFilterCheck"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NeroCheck.exe"
"DAEMON Tools-1033"="\"C:\\Program Files\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe\" -lang 1033"
"StarSkin"="C:\\PROGRAM FILES\\ROCKET DIVISION SOFTWARE\\STARSKIN\\STARSKIN.EXE -H"
"SoundMan"="SOUNDMAN.EXE"
"SSC_UserPrompt"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\Security Center\\UsrPrmpt.exe"
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\SYMNET~1\\SNDMon.exe"
"WinampAgent"="F:\\Winamp\\winampa.exe"
"ATIPTA"="C:\\Program Files\\ATI Technologies\\ATI Control Panel\\atiptaxx.exe"
"gcasServ"="\"C:\\Program Files\\GIANT Company Software\\GIANT AntiSpyware\\gcasServ.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Download and unzip:
http://www.downloads...org/KillBox.zip
Run killbox and paste each of these lines into the box, select delete on reboot then press the red X button, when it says reboot now, say no and continue to paste the lines into the box in turn and follow the above procedure every time, after the last line has been pasted let it reboot.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cwbinet.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\l02sla~1.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jtr207~1.dll <= save till last

After the reboot copy and paste the text in bold below into a text editor such as Notepad.
Save this text as FixVX2.reg. Make sure the "Save as type:" is "All Files (*.*)" and save it to your desktop.
Double-click on FixVX2.reg. When it asks you to merge the information to the registry click Yes.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
"{F1814209-FA6B-46CD-9712-629E61D05042}"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\App Management]

Download VX2Finder from:
http://www.downloads...g/VX2Finder.exe
Run it and use the Restore Policy button

Then copy & paste the text in bold below into notepad and save it as recyclerem.bat
(Set filetype to "All Files")

attrib -r -s -h %systemdrive%\Recycler
del %systemdrive%\Recycler
attrib -r -s -h %systemdrive%\Recycled
del %systemdrive%\Recycled
shutdown /r /t 0 /f

Close all programs and doubleclick recyclerem.bat

Your computer will reboot and you will have a shiny new (empty) recycle bin.

Regards,

Pieter

Advertisements

Wemur

Wemur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
WoW... My recycle bin is back to normal yei!!! :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers:
Well this is definately a nice improvement for my situation and I thank you!!!
I'm not sure if this is so important but when I tried to reboot after I had pasted all the paths to Killbox this thing came up: "PendingFileRenameOperations Registry Data has been Removed by external Process!" and so the reboot didn't work amd I had to do it the old fashioned way. ;)
Unfortunately the hijacker still remains and my browser still goes of to one of its own pages on its own sometimes and my Windows does seem to startup little bit slower than it used to when everything was normal (god I miss that time :tazz: ) and I still have to start my Norton protection manually (now I've also noticed that there is a slight chance that when I open the firewall it has the security section in Off mode but usually when I open it's in On mode though... lol...) Well I guess I should post my new logs now so here goes and once again thx for the recycle bin "restoration" :woot: :
Scan saved at 15:31:09, on 11.1.2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe

O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab

11.01.2005 15:12 225˙942 wwhtcpip.dll
11.01.2005 15:12 223˙131 kt48l7hu1.dll
11.01.2005 07:35 225˙942 ifeshare.dll
11.01.2005 07:35 222˙803 m0rmla911d.dll
11.01.2005 07:30 225˙942 kt4ol7h31.dll
11.01.2005 07:18 <KANSIO> dllcache
7 tiedosto(a) 1˙123˙824 tavua
2 kansio(ta) 17˙418˙080˙256 tavua vapaana

1 kansio(ta) 17˙418˙072˙064 tavua vapaana

REGEDIT4

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\AtiExtEvent]
"DLLName"="Ati2evxx.dll"
"Lock"="AtiLockEvent"
"Logon"="AtiLogonEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Controls Folder]
"DllName"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\kt4ol7h31.dll"
"Logon"="WinLogon"
"Logoff"="WinLogoff"
"Shutdown"="WinShutdown"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\crypt32chain]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cryptnet]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cscdll]
"DLLName"="cscdll.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\ScCertProp]
"DLLName"="wlnotify.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Schedule]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\sclgntfy]
"Logoff"="WLEventLogoff"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\SensLogn]
"DLLName"="WlNotify.dll"
"Lock"="SensLockEvent"
"Logon"="SensLogonEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\termsrv]
"Logoff"="TSEventLogoff"
"Logon"="TSEventLogon"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\wlballoon]
"DLLName"="wlnotify.dll"

ifeshare.dll Tue 11 Jan 2005 7.35.56 ..S.R 225 942 220,64 K
kt48l7~1.dll Tue 11 Jan 2005 15.12.06 ..S.R 223 131 217,90 K
kt4ol7~1.dll Tue 11 Jan 2005 7.30.32 ..S.R 225 942 220,64 K
m0rmla~1.dll Tue 11 Jan 2005 7.35.56 ..S.R 222 803 217,58 K
wwhtcpip.dll Tue 11 Jan 2005 15.12.06 ..S.R 225 942 220,64 K

5 items found: 5 files, 0 directories.
Total of file sizes: 1 123 760 bytes 1,07 M

REGEDIT4

"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Works Shared\\WkUFind.exe"
"Lexmark 3100 Series"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Lexmark 3100 Series\\lxbrbmgr.exe\""
"StarSkin"="C:\\PROGRAM FILES\\ROCKET DIVISION SOFTWARE\\STARSKIN\\STARSKIN.EXE -H"
"SSC_UserPrompt"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\Security Center\\UsrPrmpt.exe"
"gcasServ"="\"C:\\Program Files\\GIANT Company Software\\GIANT AntiSpyware\\gcasServ.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
First use the User Agent$ and Restore Policy Button in VX2finder.

Run killbox and paste each of these lines into the box, select delete on reboot then press the red X button, when it says reboot now, say no and continue to paste the lines into the box in turn and follow the above procedure every time, after the last line has been pasted let it reboot.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\wwhtcpip.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\kt48l7hu1.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ifeshare.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\m0rmla911d.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\guard.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\System32\kt4ol7h31.dll <= save till last

After the reboot copy and paste the text in bold below into a text editor such as Notepad.
Save this text as FixVX2.reg. Make sure the "Save as type:" is "All Files (*.*)" and save it to your desktop.
Double-click on FixVX2.reg. When it asks you to merge the information to the registry click Yes.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Controls Folder]

Reboot and if your Recycle bin got busted again use the recyclerem.bat again.

Regards,

Pieter

Wemur

Wemur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well this time I didn't get any messages when rebooting with Killbox and my recycle bin didn't get effected by the changes that were made. I did a scan with Ad-aware SE to see if these changes had had some effects on the 3 VX2 programs and unfortunately there still there (there was even a 4th VX2 which I had not seen before but I hope that it's removed now after the scan and removal). I almost thought that my browser had been restored to normal but I was wrong... still that slight chance of going somewhere on its own... ;)
I'm of course still very grateful for your help that you've provided so far and I hope you guys won't give up on my situtation :thumbsup: :tazz: ... here's my new logs:
Scan saved at 17:15:17, on 12.1.2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll

12.01.2005 17:11 223˙193 nldeapi.dll
12.01.2005 17:11 224˙304 enjml1111.dll
12.01.2005 17:00 223˙193 k080lalm1dqa.dll
5 tiedosto(a) 670˙754 tavua
2 kansio(ta) 17˙384˙759˙296 tavua vapaana

1 kansio(ta) 17˙384˙755˙200 tavua vapaana

REGEDIT4

REGEDIT4

"DLLName"="Ati2evxx.dll"
"Lock"="AtiLockEvent"
"Logon"="AtiLogonEvent"

"DLLName"="cscdll.dll"

"DLLName"="wlnotify.dll"

"Logoff"="WLEventLogoff"

"DLLName"="WlNotify.dll"
"Lock"="SensLockEvent"
"Logon"="SensLogonEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\SideBySide]
"DllName"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\k080lalm1dqa.dll"
"Logon"="WinLogon"
"Logoff"="WinLogoff"
"Shutdown"="WinShutdown"

"Logoff"="TSEventLogoff"
"Logon"="TSEventLogon"

"DLLName"="wlnotify.dll"

enjml1~1.dll Wed 12 Jan 2005 17.11.04 ..S.R 224 304 219,05 K
k080la~1.dll Wed 12 Jan 2005 17.00.40 ..S.R 223 193 217,96 K
nldeapi.dll Wed 12 Jan 2005 17.11.04 ..S.R 223 193 217,96 K

3 items found: 3 files, 0 directories.
Total of file sizes: 670 690 bytes 654,97 K

REGEDIT4

"Installed"="1"

"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

"Installed"="1"

Rene_406

Rene_406

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just wanted to add, I've spend 12 hours killing the s*** of torrent-search 3.0 but what I did not know is that it also installed a Trojan that hijacked my WinSock settings. So please also use (free) tools like trojan-hunter and the standard Stinger from McAfee and stuff to scan for Trojans.

It added some illegal servers to the LSP list (which translated the internet adresses) and after killing the file, my internet stopped working. Use LSPFIX to correct the problem.

If by any change you meet the creator of this torrent-search.exe, please torture him.

Slowly.

Greetz
René

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts

Just wanted to add, I've spend 12 hours killing the s*** of torrent-search 3.0 but what I did not know is that it also installed a Trojan that hijacked my WinSock settings. So please also use (free) tools like trojan-hunter and the standard Stinger from McAfee and stuff to scan for Trojans.

It added some illegal servers to the LSP list (which translated the internet adresses) and after killing the file, my internet stopped working. Use LSPFIX to correct the problem.

If by any change you meet the creator of this torrent-search.exe, please torture him.

Slowly.
Greetz
René

View Post

I already got the hijacker out of the LPS for Wemur. :tazz:
If you want to write to the creators of this crap:
http://www.abetterinternet.com/
The contact info is at the bottom. Don't give them any information that might lead back to you or your email-address though.

Regards,

Pieter