Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant open any MS Office Application files

• Please log in to reply

John Funnell

John Funnell

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help !!!!!! I have a Laptop running XP / Office 2003 - has been sweet as a nut since purchase 18 mths ago ....than all of a sudden we cant open any files in MS Word / Excel, Powerpoint. The application can be opened OK a new document or spreadsheet can be created or saved but it cannot be subsequently opened. I've tried uninstalling office and re installing it to no avail. When office is removed from the machine the office files can be opened using wordpad. I've tried opening files created on another macine via floppy no good. All non office applications are fine. I'm really struggling now - any ideas ???? :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Have you updated Office from the Office Update Website? If not I suggest you go HERE

Fenor

John Funnell

John Funnell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there - thanks for your interest - I did try to update but the update failed - I do have a legal copy of MS Office so not sure why this is ? :tazz: